Subject: Packages & multiple architectures
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/04/1996 20:41:25
> 	Agreed. The main problem we have found with this approach is
> when you want to share code for different OS/arch. That's why
> we have also /mix/share/install (or /usr/local/share/install).

Can you give some more details on this one, focussing on multiple
OSs/architectures: where do you keep machine dependent parts?
Furthermore, i think if you rip apart packages in shareable and arch-specific
code, packages seem to be more difficult to create, no? GNU software seems to
support that, X is a mess anyway (as Rob pointed out earlier), what else do we
have as possible targets for packages?

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905