Subject: How to select a boot image?
To: None <tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric HORLAIT (MASI-CNRS) <Eric.Horlait@masi.ibp.fr>
List: tech-install
Date: 01/03/1996 18:32:56
When at the boot prompt of NetBSD, I try
sd(0,a)/mach
to boot a mach image instead of the standard netbsd ... and always, the
standard image is booted (ie for my hardware sd(0,a)/netbsd ) What is the
good form of such a request? Is there any doc for the boot process under netbsd?

Sometimes (it is difficult to say exactly in what conditions!) when (even
cold) booting, the process is not stopping at the prompt! So in this case,
... i try another reboot and sometimes again, the machine waits for soe
typing. What's happening?

Eric

Universite Pierre et Marie Curie          Tel:         33-1-44-27-73-83
Institut Blaise Pascal - Labo MASI        Fax:         33-1-44-27-62-86
4, place Jussieu                       e-mail: Eric.Horlait@masi.ibp.fr
75252 PARIS Cedex 05                    Telex:        UPMCSIX 200-145 F