Subject: Re: raw device problem
To: Francois Toutain <Francois.Toutain@enst-bretagne.fr>
From: Todd Kover <kovert@umiacs.UMD.EDU>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/24/1995 16:11:28
 > Please let me know if I am posting in the wrong mailing-lists.
 >
 > I have a NetBSD-current kernel running on a PC, with non-SCSI disk
 > controller and disks (wdc, wd0, wd1). It works fine, and I am now
 > willing to put NetBSD on another PC, which has SCSI disks.
 >
 > So I have modified the kernel config file to include scsibus and
 > sd* disks. I have built a new kernel (indeed many were attempted...)
 > using the first PC, then I have loaded it on the second PC.

are you sure you're turning on the options for the correct scsi controller
you have? (ie:

bt0     at isa? port 0x330 irq ? drq ?  # BusLogic [57]4X SCSI controllers

for a buslogic.  aha0 for an Adaptec 154[02]?

-Todd

Todd Kover                 //  --o-- If, after having been exposed to someone's
kovert@umiacs.umd.edu    \X/         presence, you feel as though you've lost
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~kovert    a quart of plasma, avoid that presence.
		     "Beware the fury of a patient man."