Subject: Re: nore on disk stats
To: Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@deshaw.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@SJ.Xenotropic.COM>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/14/1995 16:47:29
On Tue, 14 Nov 1995 18:37:24 -0500
 Charles Hannum <Charles-Hannum@DESHAW.com> wrote:

 > Secondly, Jason's point is not necessarily true.  One could imagine
 > designing a tree data structure in the kernel that could be groveled
 > manually if necessary.  This seems fairly easy.

Yes.  It's _really_ easy.  I'm not saying that new structures aren't in
order, just that replacing the use of libkvm with sysctl() in netstat,
ps, etc. isn't terribly pratical.  I mean, how would one use sysctl() on
a crash dump?

It's possible that I worded that original statement poorly.

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@Xenotropic.COM

           Just me and my collection of obsolete computer gear(s).