Subject: Re: Multi-OS/Multi-Disk Boots
To: None <gjenkins@bpa.gov, tech-install@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arne Henrik Juul <arnej@phys.unit.no>
List: tech-install
Date: 04/25/1995 02:35:16
 > After scouring the net and examining and testing numerous boot
 > managers, it seems that putting DOS on my IDE drive and NetBSD
 > on my SCSI drive (not putting ANY part of either on the same disk)
 > and then attempting to boot is not quite as common as I had thought
 > it would be.

If you're feeling adventurous you could try out:
	ftp.unit.no:/pub/NetBSD/local-patches/boot.com
This dos program can load the netbsd kernel from a dos file
or directly from disk (just as the normal biosboot bootblocks).
It's still being tested but it's in some 'production use' up here.

Please tell us whether it works for you...

  -arnej