Subject: Bootblocks question
To: None <freebsd-hacker@freefall.cdrom.com, tech-install@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bernd Wiserner <wiserner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 12/14/1993 01:29:20
Hi all,
here I am again with the old problem :

I want to get the BIOS geometry forwarding going.

I got the bootblocks to find out the geometry, and I got the kernel
so far to pull them off the stack. There seems to be a limit
on the stack, because if I put more than 5 long's on the stack
the 6'th,7'th ... will be bzero'd( 4 of the values on the stack are reserved for
return address , boothowto, ... ). So there must be a constant
saying how big the stack-segment(offset ?! ) ( or somesuch) is .
I think the thing to be searched for is in the bootblocks.

So is there some bootblock-guru out there who knows where this
constant is and if I break something if I bump it up by 8 bytes.

thanks
B.Wiserner