Subject: BIOS-geometry forwarding.
To: None <tech-install@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Bernd Wiserner <wiserner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
List: tech-install
Date: 11/08/1993 20:26:46
Hi all,
I worked a little bit on the boot-sectors,and got a version
which is looking for harddisks,and requests their BIOS-geometry.
I want to forward this information to the kernel by passing theese
values just like the -s - flag .
I have one problem regarding theese geometries:
How do I assign one geometry to one disk?.
E.g. : If one has a IDE and one SCSI disk, how do I know
which one is the first disk in his BIOS ? I could check the
sizes of the disks and assign the value which is getting
closer to what I got from the BIOS. But what if one
has two disks with same size and different geometries ?

B.Wiserner