Re: NetBSD on embedded devices

Hi Emmanuel

I wrote this, because I want just to reminder about using crunchgen and embedded rootfs into kernel.
If whole SW builtin into all-in-one static program and etc ... Rootfs image will be put into kernel. Actual this will lead to real occupy of physical memory equivalent of size rootfs size + kernel used memory.

You can mitigate this when built in into rootfs very small basic collection of tiny critical programs for serving boot system process. After that you can break and delegate other stages of boot process on mounted drives like you wish and if you have resources (virtual drivers or some storage).

Best Regards
Michael Pounov

--
Michael Pounov <misho%elwix.org@localhost>