Re: NetBSD port for AT91SAM9G20?

Warner Losh <imp%bsdimp.com@localhost> writes:

> On Sep 5, 2012, at 12:43 AM, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
>> The main features of our current hardware are:
>> - AT91SAM9G20 MCU (400 MHz)
>> [...]
>
> Apart from a few clocks, this should work with the AT91SAM9260 support
> that's in the tree.  The device tables/trees are the same, and the
> errata for the devices are quite similar.

Yes, maybe you'll have to add the CPU id to at91/at91dbgu* for it to be
recognized correctly but that should be it.

However, be warned that the ethernet MAC will not work because the code
currently intree is for another type of AT91 processor which has
sufficiently different characteristics wrt number of RX and TX buffers
and maximum sizes of these, although it will probably attach correctly
and might be able to send short packets by chance.

I started a rewrite of it for the at91sam9260 but ran out of time. If
other developers want smaller hardware than what Jukka offers to
experiment, Propox sells small cards with an option for a at91sam9g20
CPU.

http://www.propox.com/products/t_232.html
http://www.propox.com/products/t_231.html

Regards,