Re: Paring down NetBSD

On 12/07/2012, at 12:24 AM, Andy Ball wrote:

>   What about configuration: Do you turn down the logging
> or do anything to stop NetBSD mailing root every day?

I just syslog everything to a central server (on the same LAN). I looked at
putting on an embedded mailer, but I couldn't find one, so I just left postfix
running and I forward root to mail to the same central server that receives the
syslog records. I think that box has postfix and the daily emails turned off
because mostly what I get are pkgsrc vulnerability messages and that box
doesn't have any additional packages on it.

> currently run a Pentium III (burns <30 Watts) as a

That's the magic. You've measured your power consumption.

Cheers,
Lloyd