Re: Roadblocks to further widespread adoption of NetBSD in embedded systems (at least in my neck of the woods)

On 3/26/2010 11:29 PM, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Jack Atkinson<doxalogos%gmail.com@localhost>
wrote:
2. No flash support for NOR flash (NAND lacking is well, but NOR is more
important for this company based on current deployed hardware)
3.  Better remote debugging over ethernet (kernel included).  I may be wrong
on this, but I haven't seen a lot of info on how to do this for NetBSD.
4. Ability to build a small kernel with small subset of userland utilities
much like BusyBox on Linux, but not GPL.
My goal is to provide a nice build interface to build 1MB kernel&  1MB
userland.  Those embedded developers should not edit ugly config files
and "list" file for crunched binaries.

That would be excellent! How soon?;-)