Re: What GUI toolkit to use for an embedded system?

Andrew Reilly wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 02:07:51PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 02:16:29AM +0200, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
Does anyone here have any suggestions for a good GUI toolkit (such as
GTK, Qt, etc) suitable for an embedded system?
we're currently using homegrown libraries under nano-X, and if I had to
do it again I would look at embedded Qt or FLTK.

I don't have first-hand experience of either (and would
appreciate hearing it from anyone who has!) but I believe that
both GTK and WxWidgets both have variations that run on bare
frame buffers.  At least, their web sites have alluded to that
possability at one time or another.  Isn't the Nokia 770
tablet's Maemo GUI an example of GTK on a frame buffer?

Cheers,

Thefreecountry has a list of candidate toolkits. I like Fox toolkit because it is C++ all the way with no layering or meta-object-compilers and such. -Bob-
*http://www.thefreecountry.com/sourcecode/gui.shtml

*