Subject: Re: [TechEmbedBSD] Subject format for tech-embed BSD
To: <>
From: Michael Kell Jensen <mkj@micrun.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/05/2007 19:50:22
Hi

Im using thunderbird, and are putting mails in their respective folders
two seconds an i will get out my filter rules.

Im a member of pkgsrc, tech-kern, commit and users.
[netbsd] all of them..

While i think that many things are working subpar in thunderbird
(or is it my knowledge?), i can get it to work sort of like i want.

One of the problems is that, the filter rules doesnt have all
the specified fields in email protocol(as far as i can see).
However with my filter rules, i think i had 3 emails, running
astray into my generel purpose mail folder, out of about 4500
emails.

The other is that i don't think the way thunderbird set it up,
makes it clear that the rules are "installed".

Ok here it comes, filter rules.
--
Go to menu: tools->message_filters
choose NEW.

When i  look at this, i maybe think thunderbird doesnt
use the correct filed name terminology?

About the tag, i am against that, I see no reason to put a tag,on
something, when there is a field that can be checked for that purpose.
Plus it takes up unneccassurry space, and gives it a cluttered look.

No one of the mailing lists i am a member of, uses this, so i
havent noticed that this should be the norm.

H. Johnson wrote:
> On my incoming email, Sender is never tech-embed@netbsd.org, but always
> the name and email of the person who sent it, in the case of your post,
> abs@absd.org.  Thus can't filter it.  If it was as you said it would
> have been easy.
>

>>     Thunderbird should filter posts to this list fine by adding a rule
>>     for matching mail with 'Sender: tech-embed-owner@NetBSD.org'.

Cognacc