Re: CF Vendors

  I'm swapping out the hard drives in my Cobalt Raq2's with CF cards in
  order to make them a little cooler, and a little quieter.   I was
  browsing through Newegg and came across a vendor that was selling CF
  cards that were listed as 266x, 40MB/s.  The vendor is A-DATA.

  Anyone have any experience with them?  None of the other big names
  (SanDisk, Kingston) had anything available above 133x.

I pay attention to CF for digital cameras, and have never considered
anything other than sandisk and lexar, and basically just order sandisk
Extreme III these days.  I am highly suspicious of the A-DATA name and
40 MB/s.   The Sandisk E3 seems to do 9 MB/s to a DOS filesystem when
written by the camera (which is really all that counts for that use).

See

  http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

for a camera-centric review.