Subject: Re: Summary so far...
To: David Maxwell <>
From: Allen Briggs <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/15/2007 09:21:44
On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:56:13AM -0400, David Maxwell wrote:
> I read that differently. Allen is saying the system needs utilities
> (i.e. power-top) that help designers/implementors evaluate what is
> using the most power, and give them information to optimize their
> designs.

You're both right.  Power management should be in the common
features list and tools for profiling / viewing should be in
the debug / optimization list.

I added to "Common":
   * Power conservation -- good support for sleep/idle/standby/full-power
     with dynamic/programmable criteria for entering different states

and changed the debug section to have:
   * Power management / monitoring tools

Allen Briggs  |  |