Subject: Re: Looking ahead
To: NetBSD Embedded Systems Technical Discussion List <>
From: David Maxwell <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/05/2007 15:28:25
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 02:15:42PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> In fact it seems to me that embedded systems, no matter how widely one
> expands their definition, are the one best example of an application
> domain where use of dynamic kernel modules is the very least needed
> feature one can imagine!

Hi Greg,

Consider the case of hot-swap interface cards in a router...

David Maxwell,| --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive
idea, controlling a microwave oven is easily accomplished with the smallest
of microcontrollers. - Russ Hersch - (Microcontroller primer and FAQ)