Re: let's get small

It's worth pursuing to have comfortably small prgs whose functionalities
are sub-set of full-equipped mainlines.  I checked Minix3 (it's still
kicking and alive ...) and realised the DHCP daemon (acts both client
and server) costs 58KB in size (ILP32 statically linked)  and the named
forwarder has 38KB in size.  So, it's virtue to make it small.

Butcky Katz wrote;

> In some cases, we've only got 32M of system storage. ;)
> I believe Todd has gotten it down to 16mb of storage,
> including our application, which is our target size. There's not much
> on such a system, even crunchgened.

Ok, it'd be like drunken bar talks about proud shark stories, though,
I made a special NetBSD feature set of 16MB+ for a filesystem over
bare 32MB NAND chip.  No crunchgen, assorted of standard .so
libraries.  The storage constraint is getting relaxed since 32MB chip
is disappearing in market and replaced with 64MB+.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology