Re: Flash Translation Layer?

On Jan 15, 2007, at 10:22 PM, Jachym Holecek wrote:

Hello,

# jsevy 2007-01-15:
Is there activity on the development of the Flash Tanslation Layer
that had been discussed on the mailing list last year (February-March
time frame)?

Not that I'm aware of...

Unfortunatelly lack of support for Flash Translation Layer in NetBSD is the only reason I (and probably others) use Linux on embedded ARM, MIPS and PPC boards
instead of NetBSD ...
Being able to have a RW file system on NANDs is a huge selling point of Linux. If someone is capable and willing to work on this I'd be glad to donate an XScale SoC for testing.

Cheers,
Marcin