Re: i2c

Matt Thomas wrote:
Jachym Holecek wrote:
Hello,

# Christopher Beck 2006-06-05:
I've seen NetBSD supports i2c, but i don't know how to use it. Is there a special Device and/or a lib with that I can acces it? I want to connect my Atmels and other NetBSD PCs together (just to give commands to other units). Has anyone an idea or a link to a HowTo for me?

Well, ${sys}/dev/i2c/i2c_io.h sketches an ioctl() interface to I2C bus,
but it's not actually exported to userland anywhere (ie. I2C controllers
are not attached to device files), AFAICS. This means that currently,
the I2C API is kernel-only.

Exposing it to userland shouldn't be hard, please file a PR so that it
doesn't get forgotten (unless you want to implement it yourself ;-).

Exporting i2c generically to userland is a bad idea. A suitable abstraction
for the device(s) would be designed and implemented instead.
Thanks, I try this i2c_io.h. I didn't want to export devices to userland, I only want to access the i2c bus in my own program(s).
Sincerly Yours