Subject: Re: i2c
To: Christopher Beck <coffeinkonsumierer@arcor.de>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@dspfpga.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 05/30/2006 22:52:33
Hello,

# Christopher Beck 2006-06-05:
> I've seen NetBSD supports i2c, but i don't know how to use it. Is there
> a special Device and/or a lib with that I can acces it? I want to
> connect my Atmels and other NetBSD PCs together (just to give commands
> to other units). Has anyone an idea or a link to a HowTo for me?

Well, ${sys}/dev/i2c/i2c_io.h sketches an ioctl() interface to I2C bus,
but it's not actually exported to userland anywhere (ie. I2C controllers
are not attached to device files), AFAICS. This means that currently,
the I2C API is kernel-only.

Exposing it to userland shouldn't be hard, please file a PR so that it
doesn't get forgotten (unless you want to implement it yourself ;-).

	-- Jachym