Subject: using build.sh for embedded systems
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 05/12/2006 08:22:14
I'm attempting to build an image for booting my soekris from a cf card
using crunchgen.  I'm basing my build from a modified
src/distrib/evbppc.  This is having its own set of problems through
getting everything to crunch correctly, but it's even more of a
learning curve since build.sh doesn't have anything in it.

I was wondering if using src/distrib was a common place for people to
keep their box/list box/md-kernel box/ramdisk?

I was also wondering if people liked the syntax for build.sh like this:
./build.sh -U -T ../tools -O ../obj -m i386 embed=3Dmymachine kernel=3Dmyem=
bedkernel

For me, this would (cd ${TOP}/distrib/${embed}; ${runcmd} ${makewrapper})
And the makefile that looks for the kernel to attach would look in
MACHINE/compile like normal.

Any thoughts?