Re: Google Summer of code

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, doctorzoidberg wrote:
Hi everybody. I'd like to take part to Summer of code writing the module for
broadcom 43xx wireless cards (airport extreme, compaq/hp laptops, many pcmcia
cards). I already know how that chipset works, because I'm involved in the
developement of the bcm43xx linux module.

General driver issues should probably be discussed on tech-kern@, I don't see this one being particular specific to embedded systems.

Questions you may ask yourself (and which you may answer for a SoC applications):

  * Is it a port of software, or a rewrite? (remember: No GPL in the
    Kernel!)
  * How will it integrate into NetBSD? (Userland, Kernel, Patch set...)
  * What interfaces in NetBSD will it use?
  * Are you familiar with those interfaces?
  * Do you have any prior experience with programming NetBSD?
    In what area? If did send some problem reports (PRs) or patches,
    please include references.

 - Hubert