Subject: Google Summer Of Code
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Fleming <mattjfleming@googlemail.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 04/15/2006 21:52:43
(People who are subscribed to tech-kern, sorry for the cross-post)

I'm wishing to take part in the Google Summer Of Code, specifically
implementing something similar to

http://linuxcompressed.sourceforge.net/

Basically, the project will add a level to the virtual memory subsystem
cache that allows compressed and uncompressed pages. The advantage of
these compressed pages in the cache are that on small systems with a
limited amount of the main memory the effective memory size can be
increased.

I'm not inherently familiar with the uvm and pmap APIs but I've spent
most of today looking through the man pages and source code and believe
it's something I could accomplish.

Thanks,
Matt