RE: Atheros tweaks

You cannot make a wireless lan deivce work over that long range with just
software tweaks. Someone may tune it with additional range booster antenna,
but the extended range is no more than 200 feet. I think you need another
type communication hardware.  A pair of 10 miles of wireless communication
devices with the bandwidth of 10Mbps will cost more than $1000... What you
ask looks like to me that you are trying to turn your bike into a SUV with
just a wrench.