Subject: Re: NAND flash
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Neil Ludban <nludban@columbus.rr.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/17/2006 18:38:38
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:27:57 -0600
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) wrote:

> The projects page says to contact tech-embed if you are curious about NAND
> flash.
>
> I am curious about NAND flash.  I'm working on getting NetBSD up on the TAMS
> 3011:
> 	http://www.tamsinc.com/3011/index.htm
>
> It has 128MB of flash memory.  This is accessible from Linux and eCos, but not
> from NetBSD.
>
> I'm a bit of a newbie at kernel hackery of this sort, but hey, I've got the
> thing booting and one of the two ethernet controllers probing, and I am
> feeling optimistic; also, I may be able to get someone to pay me to make this
> work.
>
> So, first obvious question:  Is anyone already doing this?
>
> -s

We had found one at a previous job, IIRC it was originally from
OpenBSD.  This looks very familiar:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/mvme68k/dev/flash.c

but seems to be incomplete (compared to what we had).  I didn't do the
import, so I couldn't say if there's a newer version somewhere or if
we had made local changes.  I could also be confusing it with features
in the eCos driver.

-Neil