Subject: Re: pxeboot com0 no more
To: matthew sporleder <msporleder@gmail.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-embed
Date: 01/05/2006 21:06:54
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:36:03AM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I recall reading that pxeboot_ia32_com0.bin was changed because
> installboot could be used for setting serial options, but I'm a little
> confused on how to get setup initially with a binary distribution.  If
> I use pxeboot_ia32.bin from HEAD's base.tgz, it doesn't work over
> com0, my ability to run 'installboot' on it from a non-netbsd system
> is pretty limited, and so I'm stuck.

You could always build the tools on your non-netbsd system :-)

I did consider running installboot to generate it during the build,
but the makefile would get far too complicated.

It might be useful to put pxeboot_ia32.bin into the release directory
(along with the kernels) - making it easier for someone to netboot
the install kernel and then install from the ftp server.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk