Subject: Re: Real Time O.S vs 'conventional' one.
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/26/2005 14:52:23
On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:36:44 +0200 (MEST)
"Zafer Aydogan" <zafer@gmx.org> wrote:

> > --- Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht ---
> > Von: Timo Schoeler <timo.schoeler@riscworks.net>
> > An: "Zafer Aydogan" <zafer@gmx.org>
> > Kopie: lists@yazzy.org, tech-embed@NetBSD.org, tech-net@netbsd.org
> > Betreff: Re: Real Time O.S vs 'conventional' one.
> > Datum: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:23:49 +0200
> >=20
> > >=20
> > > That depends. If you want to run a business, then you don't want to r=
un
> > > NetBSD at all, at least not right now, because it is buggy and under
> > heavy
> > > development.
> > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >=20
> > (besides the massive x-posting: am i missing <irony> </irony> tags? are=
n't
> > there
> > several commercial products using NetBSD or based upon it?)
> >=20
> Name one.

http://netbsd.org/gallery/hardware.html

http://netbsd.org/gallery/products.html

reading is up to you...

i am not an evangelist as i used to be in my early years on Apple (and, yes,
even this is some time ago); i don't use NetBSD only -- there are some
'Enterprise Class' OSs we employ as well as 'some other BSDs'. but no linux=
. and
this has saved us from a lot of trouble.

not willing to start a flame here, but please compare the incidents reported
from/to/regarding linux (NB: linux is only a kernel in contrast to the BSDs=
) and
those reported to the BSDs. linux is sometimes as high as three or four cri=
tical
(exploitable over network, that is) flaws *a week*.

> There is recently no embedded hardware running NetBSD. Also in the past,
> there were barely any Product running NetBSD OS.
>=20
> > hm, i think then it's time to do it again? ;)
> >=20
>=20
> Nice approach.

for what?