Subject: Flash translation layer
To: None <>
From: Alex Allan <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/04/2005 20:13:25
Hello everyone,

I'm a third-year computer science student at Nottingham University, UK.
I'm about to start my final dissertation and am interested in
researching operating systems wrt embedded devices.

I have noticed that a 'flash translation layer' was suggested as part
of the Google Summer of Code project but wasn't taken up as a project.

I'd be interested in this and would be more than willing to spend the
time on it.

If anyone could offer me some pointers (or a mentorship!) or let me
know if it was decided that this wasn't needed, had already been done,
etc then it would be much appreciated!

Alex Allan
School of Computer Science
University of Nottingham