Subject: Re: mount failure on small NetBSD
To: fab <fab@gnux.info>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 08/10/2005 20:05:49
> > > I have to do some correction, the message is "invalid argument" and not
> > > the previous one, hope this helps.
> >
> > Do you have support for MSDOS filesystem in your kernel?
>
> Yes.

Weird. The manpage seems to suggest that EINVAL is specific
to UFS

> I'll try to rm all the objs and recompile, maybe it's a compilation
> mistake.
> The kernel is ~2 weeks newer than the userland, can it come from this ?

It shouldn't, but it's worth the try. If this doesn't fix the problem,
you can try adding printf's into msdos mount function (one could also
use ddb to trace this -- though I don't know the exact commands).

	Good luck,
		-- Jachym

[Sorry, I don't have the source around to take a closer look. In
 fact, I don't even have internet access at home now].