Subject: Re[2]: [beginer] netBSD on pc104
To: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 07/26/2005 20:15:51
Hello Werner,

>> Is 8MB DiskOnChip enough and if not how many space I need.

> I'm not shure if DiskOnChip is supported at all.

It is not. There are some old binary code in FreeBSD tree but AFAIK
that's all we have. Linux folks also didn't get too far with open
sources DOC support.

> DiskOnChip is not compatible to
> IDE (as CompactFlash for example is) or anything else.

Right, it's not compatible with anything known.

> It would requiere a special driver to access it and I'm nor shure if such=
 a driver exists.

> There has  been a discussion on this list about 2 years ago and some peop=
le were working on this
> issue but I don't  think this driver has ever been finished.

AFAIK it could not be finished dut to luck of DOC specifications.
M-System says "we cannot get 'em out even for NDA". Well, fine..

> Another possibility is to use a solid state IDE disk or a Compact-Flash
> via an CF/IDE-
> adaptor.

From=20my experience this is the best way. Cheap, stable and standard.

// wbr