Subject: Re: [beginer] netBSD on pc104
To: lepingouin.tux <lepingouin.tux@laposte.net>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: tech-embed
Date: 07/26/2005 15:08:18
lepingouin.tux wrote:

> If it's necessary I can plug cdrom, floppy drive and harddrive to
> install it.

Probably the easiest and most flexible way is to do some initial testing is
to boot your board via network. This allows you to try different kernels or
kernel option without the mess burning CDs or making floppy disks and makes
developement, testing and debugging a lot easier, When you are satisfied
with
what you got, you can copy your installation to your local media
(DiskOnChip??)
and try booting from there.

> Is 8MB DiskOnChip enough and if not how many space I need.

I'm not shure if DiskOnChip is supported at all. DiskOnChip is not
compatible to
IDE (as CompactFlash for example is) or anything else. It would requiere
a special
driver to access it and I'm nor shure if such a driver exists. There has
been a discussion
on this list about 2 years ago and some people were working on this
issue but I don't
think this driver has ever been finished.
Another possibility is to use a solid state IDE disk or a Compact-Flash
via an CF/IDE-
adaptor.

Werner