Re: screen, console & ttys

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 00:46:31 +0200
Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd%2005.salmi.ch@localhost> wrote:

> Marcin Jessa --> tech-embed (2005-06-30 22:40:43 +0200):
> > Ok, then invoking login with automatic login will do since then I can use
> > serial and screen console at the same time with wscons.
> > Gotta just figure out how to disable login prompt...
> > Any ideas?
>
> Booting single-user?
It needs to be done automatically so this would not work for me.
Anyway, single user mode does not execute any of the parts needed for wscons to
show screen console when running installboot with console=com0

>Or setting the second field in /etc/ttys to something
> which does what you want?
What do you mean? ttyE0 ?
Executing /usr/libexec/getty Pc console will automatically start login session
prompting for username. I would somehow need to make getty not to prompt for
username (login:) and not execute the login binary.

I really wished to make this work and have router software capable of running
with output sent to serial and screen console.