Re: screen, console & ttys

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:54:24 +0200
Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd%2005.salmi.ch@localhost> wrote:

> Marcin Jessa --> tech-embed (2005-06-30 15:35:01 +0200):
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a via board which I have access to via console and screen .
> > I bootstrap my installation disk with
> > installboot -v -m i386 -o timeout=3,console=pc -t ffs /dev/rvnd0a
> > ${MY_BUILD_DIR}/bin/bootxx_ffsv1
> >
> > This works fine, I can see the output when using serial cable.
> > But when I attach screen I cannot see anything.
> > /etc/ttys has:
> > console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
> > ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
> > ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
> >
> > Is it possible to make the screen work as well ?
> > I suppose it should be working since bootstraping is to see boot sequence
> > in console...
>
> You probably want to use wscons(4).

Great that works, thanks again Jukka.
But it seems like wscons works only after login is executed.

I have a custom script which I would like to be able to see also before login
is started and after initialization of wscons.
The output seen in serial console looks following:

init: Creating mfs /dev (412 blocks, 1024 inodes)
wsdisplay0: screen 1 added (80x25, vt100 emulation)
Install wifibsd on your HD? [y/N]:
Enter your choice:

Is there any way to start screen console without executing login?
A work around could be to start login executable and log in automatically then
execute a custom script instead of user's shell .
Is it possible to automatically login without obtaining password?