Re: Strange behaviour of tar on a CF.

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:34:59 +0200
Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd%2005.salmi.ch@localhost> wrote:

> Marcin Jessa --> tech-embed (2005-06-30 11:33:39 +0200):
> > On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:30:36 +0200
> > Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd%2005.salmi.ch@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > > Marcin Jessa --> tech-embed (2005-06-30 10:02:36 +0200):
> [...]
> [...]
> > > You do have /usr/bin/gzip (and /usr mounted while running tar), don't you?
> >
> > Yes I do. I did some debugging checks before posting this message and df
> > showed /mnt mounted, the file was in place, userflags were ok too and there
> > was enough space on the storage media.
> > I just tried to extract the same file to memory instead and got the same
> > error...
>
> Hmm, reading src/bin/pax/ar_io.c, this must be a gzip problem. Have you
> already tried running tar without `-z'?

Yes, I just figured out I can try and it turned out I forgot to ldd gz.
This time tar said it lacks libz.so.0 and libbz2.so.1 which it was quiet about
when running tar -z

Leasson learned to check for libs of dependiency files in case of commands
using other commands.

It worked now.
Thanks a lot for trying to help Jukka!
You da man :)