Subject: screen, console & ttys
To: NetBSD-embed <>
From: Marcin Jessa <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/30/2005 15:35:01

I have a via board which I have access to via console and screen .
I bootstrap my installation disk with
installboot -v -m i386 -o timeout=3,console=pc -t ffs /dev/rvnd0a ${MY_BUILD_DIR}/bin/bootxx_ffsv1

This works fine, I can see the output when using serial cable.
But when I attach screen I cannot see anything.
/etc/ttys has:
console "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt100   on secure
ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure

Is it possible to make the screen work as well ?
I suppose it should be working since bootstraping is to see boot sequence in console...