Subject: Re: Automatically disklabel entire disk
To: Marcin Jessa <lists@yazzy.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/28/2005 01:32:35
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Marcin Jessa wrote:
> Is it possible to autmatically, non.interactively disklabel entire blank disk not knowing what size it has?
> I am stucked with disklabel..
> I am trying to create an install script which executes on MFS mounted partition, disklabels a CF/HD, creates file system on it and installs disk bootstrap soft on it.

Read the disklabel(8) manpage!

You can use something like "disklabel disk0 >file", then read stuff for
partitioning out of the file, then put the disklabel back with "disklabel
disk0 file" or so. Untested, but it should work. May need some attention
to get the on-disk label in sync with the in-core disklabel.

  - Hubert