Re: NetBSD and root fs

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:46:00 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.lip6.fr@localhost> wrote:

> > I used someone else's crunched kernel and it started fine so NetBSD is able
> > to run on soekris boards.
>
> Did you use the same boot loader ?
>
> --

Yes, I tried that boot loader as well.
The build was based on 1.6 and I have 2.0 and 3.x only.
The primary boot loader said immidiately there was compatibility problems and
refused to go further and load the kernel.

I now think my problem is caused by me running 3.x kernel and 3.x primary boot
loader with secondary boot loader from releng 2.0. Unfortunatelly my attempts
to recompile the base of 3.x ended up in errors which I reported to the current
list in the "build.sh build craps out" thread.
I am compiling new system right now and I hope for things to work smoothly from
then on.