Re: Embeded product to build a wireless access point

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
Hi

I'm looking for an embedded product to build a NetBSD based wireless
access point.  I gave a try to soekris boxes, but they are not
fully 802.3af compliant and they don't work with the PoE switches
I already have. The horsepower is also rather disapointing: the box
cannot handle full bandwidth.

Any suggestions? I want a small box with at least one 802.3af
compliant ethernet port, a slot (PCMCIA, mini PCI or plain PCI)
where I can install a wireless card (or an integrated wireless
card), and of course a serial port. For the flash, 16 MB soldered
will be enough for me. I don't care about the processor.

If it's horsepower you're after, Give the AMD Au1500 a try.
Im not sure about PoE, but it has everything and it is
VERY robust (Yesterday I benchmarked 100Mbps throughput
using Embedded Linux in bridge mode between the two Ethernet
interfaces.)