Subject: Re: Porting Guide
To: Jason Maestri <>
From: Scott Telford <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 12/11/2004 11:21:14
On Friday, Dec 10, 2004, at 08:35 Europe/London, Jason Maestri wrote:

>   Okay, so this might be a dumb question, but here goes.  I am
> currently
> porting NetBSD to an embedded ARM board.  NetBSD always touts itself
> as being
> "the worlds most portable operating system", but I've never seen any
> actual
> documentation on porting it.  Am I just not looking in the right
> places?

You're right, there doesn't seem to be much "official" documentation on
this subject. However a number of people have written papers on their
experiences of porting NetBSD, which may be useful. Check out, for
instance: (JavaStation support in
(/amd64 port) (/mac68k port, pretty old

Scott Telford.

Scott Telford