Subject: Porting Guide
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Maestri <jason@maestri.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 12/10/2004 16:35:36
  Okay, so this might be a dumb question, but here goes.  I am currently
porting NetBSD to an embedded ARM board.  NetBSD always touts itself as being
"the worlds most portable operating system", but I've never seen any actual
documentation on porting it.  Am I just not looking in the right places?  Is
there a porting guide or something similar?  I know that <ugh> linux has some
documentation which tells you where to do things like boardlevel
initialization, etc..  Where is NetBSDs?   I have brought OpenBSD up on
several unsupported x86 boards, and am familiar with how the *BSDs in general
work, but I have several other engineers working with me who come from a Linux
background and I'm having trouble keeping them onboard with this project.

Thanks,
  Jason Maestri