Subject: Re: Shrinking NetBSD - deep final distribution re-linker
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/20/2004 20:49:56

> 2. AFAIU crunchgen requires source or at least object code to link target
> executable. Even more, for source code crunchgen expects project to be
> organized in NetBSD <category>/<utility> way i.e. using bsd.mk framework. If
> i'm right in my guess, this makes an obvious and quite serious limitation
> where crunchgen may be used.

What crunchgen actually needs is all the object files for each program
linked together into a single relocatable (prog.ro).  This shouldn't be
too hard to do.  The NetBDS 'reachover' make does make it easy....

You can also specify the actual object files for each program....

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk