Subject: Re: Embedded development platform
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 08/05/2004 22:38:33
On Thursday 05 August 2004 03:25, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Brian Rose wrote:
> > 3) Fetch the sources from the website (src.tgz, gnu.tgz, etc) and install
> > to /usr/src
>
> Um, where did you get that from? Seems some documentation needs updating,
> this seems horribly outdated. You can get -current sources via CVS with
> the following commands:
>
>     env CVS_RSH=ssh CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot cvs co src

Some time ago i was trying to checkout complete -current sources code tree
from netbsd.org CVS repository. Options i used were exact as you wrote. It
took me about one and half of day to checkout about 30..40% of tree. I
believe complete checkout operation would spend several days...

At the same time downloading complete set of archives, installing them and
updating from CVS took less then two hours.

Before time ago I had same problems trying to checkout -current. My advise ATM
is don't checkout from CVS but download archives and update then with CVS.

ps: just my two cents :)

// wbr