Re: Embedded development platform

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:47:42PM -0400, Brian Rose wrote:
> I would like to use NetBSd as an embedded development platform. My plan is
> to be able to compile, download and debug via a P&E BDM connector.

What is it you want to do?
If you want NetBSD running on the development board you probably want
something like your idea, using NetBSD build scripts.
If you on the other hand just want to use NetBSD on your box for running
the cross compiler producing code for an embedded system not using NetBSD
as its OS, you could use something a lot simpler.

You could probably just install your box with a binary distribution of
NetBSD, download the sources for your cross compiler from gcc.gnu.org
and build your cross compiler according to instructions found with the
sources, not forgetting the pathes you mentioned. A makefile would then
simply state that an object file depends on a source file and the syntax
for launching the compiler or assembler.

But maybe I got you wrong...

/Christer

--
Christer O. Andersson