Subject: Embedded Linux vs. NetBSD
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <fdei@fdei.de>
List: tech-embed
Date: 07/13/2003 15:24:58
Hi.

I have a custom embedded Linux system on one floppy disk for my router.
I would like to know if I could also use NetBSD for that purpose.

Under Linux I have the following setup, but I don't know if similar
(free) solutions exist for NetBSD:

1. gzipped kernel (minimal), no boot loader
2. many kernel modules
3. 4 MB memory file system as root device, gzipped on the same floppy
4. uClibc, dynamic linking
5. busybox, rp-pppoe, pppd, iptables and other useful things

Machine is a 486 DX2 with 16 MB RAM, only floppy drive, network cards.

I would really like to know how I could implement that with NetBSD. Is
there a small C lib etc.?

TIA

Felix