Subject: Re: UBC on a no swap system
To: Huy Vu <hvu@hyperchip.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/18/2003 17:58:14
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 03:26:35PM -0400, Huy Vu wrote:
> > FYI, when sending diffs, it's often more useful to send unidiffs ("cvs
> > diff -up" / "diff -up") or context diffs ("cvs diff -c" / "diff -c").
>
> Ok, here is unidiff.

Interesting. So the intent of this is that if the file or exec caches
exceed their minimum required (or 'reserved') page count, you allow the
allocation to continue, and force exec or file pages to page out?

That looks like a good general change. I can't think of any worst-case
scenario for that.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,