Re: Remote debugging patch for NetBSD/PowerPC

Hello,

Just to let you know that I've updated the patch a little. The new version has improved handling of the thread lists (especially when threads are exiting) and also manages to correctlty track the active thread.

The new version can be found in the same place as the previous one (see below for the URL).

Rgds,
John...

John Gordon wrote:
Hello all,

I have just finished adding support for PowerPC to the gdbserver code in NetBSD. While I was changing the code I also added support for the new SA based threading (based on the code in the native debugger for supporting threads).

More information, including the patch and the one new file that is needed, can be found at: http://www.bluedonkey.org/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Netbsd/RemoteDebugging

I have done only very limited testing of the change so far, but it has allowed me to set breakpoints in threads, and to obtain information about the states of the various threads. If anybody finds something that doesn't work, please either let me know directly, or post the information on the TWiki site (there is a page for feedback about this work). If you can include an example that would be helpful too ;-)

Rgds,
John...