Subject: Remote debugging patch for NetBSD/PowerPC
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: John Gordon <mailing.lists@dial.pipex.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 05/29/2003 01:51:05
Hello all,

I have just finished adding support for PowerPC to the gdbserver code in
  NetBSD. While I was changing the code I also added support for the new
SA based threading (based on the code in the native debugger for
supporting threads).

More information, including the patch and the one new file that is
needed, can be found at:
http://www.bluedonkey.org/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Netbsd/RemoteDebugging

I have done only very limited testing of the change so far, but it has
allowed me to set breakpoints in threads, and to obtain information
about the states of the various threads. If anybody finds something that
doesn't work, please either let me know directly, or post the
information on the TWiki site (there is a page for feedback about this
work). If you can include an example that would be helpful too ;-)

Rgds,
John...