Re: Starting Point

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Brian Rose wrote:
> I am looking for a PDA to act as a remote terminal. I was wondering which
> platforms would be a good starting point. I'm looking for a device with a
> long battery life and a touch screen. NetBSD compatability is desired, but
> not required.

Psion 5MX.  Small enough to fit in a moon bag (but a bit large to fit
in a pocket), keyboard that some people claim is good enough for touch
typing, greyscale LCD touch screen with backlight and good contrast,
vt100 emulator that supports 80 colums by 25 rows (in a tiny font),
works for several tens of hours on two AA batteries.  Sorry, no NetBSD,
and I don't know what progress has been made on the Linux port.

--apb (Alan Barrett)