Re: netBSD support for dual-Xeon. E7500, Hyper-Threading ...

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 11:51:04AM -0700, David Francheski wrote:

 > Can anyone tell me if netBSD supports the dual-Xeon architecture
 >
 > with E7500 chipset?    This would require netBSD to be SMP capable
 >
 > at a minimum (which I believe it is?).

NetBSD can detect the multiple virtual CPUs in the HT Xeons, and does
have MP support for x86 systems.  I am currently having interrupt problems
on the E7500 when MP is enabled, however.  Unfortunately, I have not had
sufficient time to look more closely into why...

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej%wasabisystems.com@localhost>