Subject: Where to start...?
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 07/11/2002 21:27:00
Hello!

I'm planning to embed NetBSD into a few different pieces of
kit.  The first will probably be a box with a bunch of
RAM, a CD-ROM drive and the appropriate I/O (it'll be a
firewall).  Other projects on my drawing board feature more
minimal hardware.

I am wondering what processes people go through to embed
NetBSD.  I'd like to take 'ground up' approach, putting in
just those things I'm actually using.  The later projects
will probably demand that kind of minimalism.  Is there a
HOW-TO or some introductory documentation somewhere to
help me get started?

- Andy Ball.